Our Kinoe charity wine tasting and quiz night was held at Channing School in Highgate on 8 November. 120 people attended, and we raised around £6,000 for this fabulous charity. Started by Amanda Faber, Kinoe helps educate disadvantaged children in India and Nepal.
An afternoon of nerves and squeaky bottom time, as the Tormentoso Shiraz mysteriously went missing from Suzi’s office. Robin saved the day and had a small supply at the office.
Arrived at New hall to find the wine fridge at a refreshing 22°C! Majestic obliged with an urgent delivery of ice and all was chilled. Seven rounds of blind wine and quiz questions, a corbieres with supper and a gratefully happy crowd.
We had eight lovely wines blind tasted with quiz questions and a delicious buffet supper catered by The Punch Tavern, Fleet Street. The following wines were included:
- Capolemole, Marco Carpineti 2011
- ‘Red Claw’ Chardonnay, Yabby Lake 2009
- Buitenverwachting ‘Christine’ 2009
- Soli Pinot Noir, Miroglio,Thracian Valley 2009
- Corbieres, Chateau de Durfort 2010
- Tormentoso Shiraz Mourvedre, Malmesbury 2009
- Adega de Pegoes White Colheita Seleccionada 2011
- TerraVin Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough
A great success for our second big quiz night!