- Domaine Wachau Terrace. Lovely, clean, crisp, minerally, excellent value. Our wine of the month in June 2011. Available from Waitrose.
- Lagler smaragd Riesling/Weissburgunder/Gruner Veltliner
Subtle differences the pinot blanc, which was more acidic. The riesling slightly honeyed, ripe apricots. The gruner minerally crisp.
- Emmerich Knoll – Federspiel gruner veltliner2010 and gruner veltliner ried Loibenberg smaragd vinothefullung.
Federspiel crisp young mineral quality.The smaragd full luscious oily viscous honeyed superb.
Break for Tafelspitz.
- Weingut Brundlymayer Ried Kaferberg smaragd Gruner veltliner 2002 V 2009
Both full bodied honeyed lush wines. The 2002 particularly smooth, rounded. Lacks the crispness of the young ones and not fresh but a great embodiment of the best terroir.
- Lagler Eiswein Neuberger 2003 harvested christmas eve
- Berenauslese Riesling 200 served with Birgit’s Apfel Strudel
Impressive array of wines and food 18 guests. Other great wines to mention ,which we plan to introduce to future tastings are the amazing Brundlymayer Rose Brut and the superb Brundlymayer Red Lamm 2009.